Sunday 27 September 2015

The wayne dyer way

It was last year when i came across this book called WISDOM of the Ages by Wayne Dyer. It was the time when i was very confused about life in general. I was finishing my education. I did not like my education. I wanted to do something big. I did not know how. I wanted to make a difference to the world. I did not know if i had the potential and the ability to pull it off. Whenever i wished something i always had a doubt whether i could do it. It was annihilating. It was that feeling where you suddenly feel a lot restless and you don't know why. It is also that time when the whole world showers you advises for free and that only increases your depression. Free advises never does anything good.
My mom was reading this book and one night she jumped out and urged me to read a chapter in that book by William Blake. I took it and kept it aside. I did not want to read something and not understand. That was my first impression of the book. That would only add up to my misery i thought. Knowing very well i would have not picked up the book, my mom handed me over the book and sat beside till i finished that chapter. Initially i was disinterested and started skipping lines. Soon as i started reading, i was blown away. I got so engrossed that i almost forgot myself and finished the book in less than a week. That was it, i became an ardent fan and revered him with at most adulation. Every book of his is as if he is talking through the book. I started reading more regularly and intensively about him and his books that i almost got aligned to his theories and philosophies which was so simple and easily neglected by any common man. 
I love his theories on self actualization and being a part of the larger self. We always doubt our capability, be it anything. The biggest road block in our life is our own mind which says we are not enough. But the truth of the fact is we are whole and complete and there is no shortcoming in us. We are humans, the most intelligent specie on the planet. We are an eternal manifestation. We are meant to touch the sky. It is all about time. Who knew we would reach mars 50 years back. Who knew there would be a man who runs 100m in less than 10 secs. Who knew there would be software which eases communication. All these seemed impossible one day and jump cut it is all there today. It just requires a shift in the way one thinks and beliefs. I used to always argue that every one is inherently equipped with all the skills and brains and features and training the only that is missing is attitude. The one who wins does not win on skill but only on attitude. This attitude is the key to almost everything.
If skills are not used on the bed of right attitude then the tools at his disposal turns into weapons. Deluded constructive progress eventually turns into Real destruction. Talent and ability just fall apart in the face of bad attitude and we have innumerable examples to that right from Ravana to Lance Armstrong. Self Actualization has no talent or ability involved in its growth. It is only the attitude that would determine ones inner growth. 
We only lack attitude. There is no point of its accomplishment as well. One can never say he has top notch attitude. It is subjective and open ended. As wayne Dyer himself says ' i am still learning to have the right attitude at everything at every moment and sometimes i go wrong and i learn. Its ok to fail'. Attitude is a very sensitive and a very personal. A person picks up the dirt and puts it in the dustbin saying he is responsible for the cleanliness and that's humility. Another person also sees the dirt and does not pick up only to show that it is the work of the janitor and it is his responsibility and not his. See it is subjective and no black or white distinction there. Attitude alone leads to self Actualization and that is what Wayne Dyer always preached and inspired millions. Change the mind and you change the man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment